Benefits of Membership
Whether your interest is in botanical research or growing palms in your home and garden, membership in The International Palm Society will provide you with a continuous source of information about this vast plant family of around 2,500 tropical and subtropical species.
Some of the benefits of membership include:
- Membership in an internationally acclaimed organization
Access to the historical archives of Palms and Principes which contain some of the best scientific information relative to palms.
The ability to attend the IPS sponsored Bienneal trips to exotic locations /habitats and private venues.
Access to a vast library of palm books at a discounted sales price.
The ability to meet and get to know many of the premiere botanists, authors, researchers ,and collectors of palms in the world.
Access to many of the finest private gardens in the world.
- Make friendships that can last a lifetime.
Established in 1956, this unique organization encompasses members in over 80 countries and publishes the journal Palms, devoted entirely to articles about palms. Numerous regional chapters hold meetings, sponsor palm sales, develop public gardens, and publish newsletters. Our non-profit society maintains a business office in Austin, Texas.
Free Membership*, includes:
- Access to Palmtalk
- An invitation to participate in free webinars and access to the free webinar library
- The monthly IPS newsletter sent via email
Electronic Membership ($40 per year or $100 for a three-year commitment) includes:
- All the above plus,
- Palms journal, digital format, sent via email and access to all Palms journal back issues
- An invitation to participate in premium content webinars and access to the premium content webinar library
- Biennial travel with the IPS
Full Membership ($60 per year or $150 for a three-year commitment) includes:
- All the above plus,
- A physical copy of the Palms journal delivered by mail
Lifetime and benefactor level supporters may, at their discretion, choose to receive only the digital format or the print edition of Palms.
*Voting rights reserved for paying members only.